Thank you for your past patronage
Thank you for your past patronage
We have been operating the Akwador Guest House in Marsaskala since 2013. Since taking over the management of the Guest House we have undertaken a modernisation program to bring the accommodation up to date in terms of interior decor, adding air conditioning units to the rooms and dining area, installing revolutionary far infrared wall heaters for the winter and installing fast FREE WiFi.
The Akwador Guest House has the best views of the bay for room rental - equalling, if not surpassing some of the many sea view apartments on offer in the village. By maintaining high standards in cleanliness and in guest hosting, the Akwador has achieved Certificates of Excellence from Booking.com, Expedia, TripAdvisor and most recently HotelsCombined.
We are thankful to our guests for taking the time to share their experiences and making it possible for us to achieve our high rankings.
Larisa and Neil!
Today, the first question asked of us on arrival is "What is the WiFi code?"
The Akwador has invested in 3 powerful WiFi routers providing coverage in your room and in the communal areas with a fast WiFi connection free of charge. We encourage guests to bring tablets and laptops in order to stream news and movies in their language rather than rely on outdated room televisions showing monochrome American Westerns on cable!
One of our favourite quips is "Don't worry, you will not starve in Marsascala!"
For a small local sea side resort, Marsascala boasts many restaurants, bars and bistros serving a variety of cuisine. Catering mainly for Maltese customers the restaurant prices are lower and portions are larger in Marsascala than found in the average tourist areas. For the convenience of our guests, we have restaurant recommendations based on feedback from previous guests.
Download this convenient map before you arrive in Marsascala. It shows you where shops, bank ATMs, restaurants and buses are. The restaurants in red are those recommended by our guests. Note the one way streets and central location!
Before you book, it is nice to see what a typical room will look like. Each room is different and colour themed rather than being hotel generic. It also means you may not get a room that is exactly the same as the one in the picture!
There is much to see in Malta and taking an excursion can mean seeing so much more. With plenty to choose from and include everything from trips to Gozo, neighbouring Sicily or simple Hop On Hop Off buses. Check out our tours here.
Take the stress out of your holiday by arranging a convenient private transfer from the Airport Arrivals Hall direct to the Akwador. Cheaper than a local taxi and more reliable than using buses.
If a cooked Full English breakfast is your thing, then Jacob's Brew Cafe on the Ground floor is there to satisfy you. If you prefer to self cater - then take advantage of the Akwador Dining Area.
Use our secure booking button to check availability and book with us directly on line. If you have any questions, we would be pleased to answer them via our contact page.
Sarah and Jacob are on hand to welcome you every morning with a pot of tea or bottomless cup of coffee.
If a full English breakfast, their famous X-Large toasties or their tasty pancakes cannot satisfy you - then nothing will!.
Each room has a Jacob's Brew menu so you can ponder before you leave your room. You can purchase the discounted breakfast vouchers from reception on arrival for only €5.50 per person!
The Akwador has breakfast options to suit all. From the traditional bed and breakfast to self catering. The Akwador provides one shelf in the refrigerator for each room, cupboard space for non refridgeable food you might purchase and all the crockery and cutlery you need.
There is FREE tea and coffee, jam sachets and condiments.
A microwave and toaster is provided to knock up a light breakfast or re-heat a take away.
We offer a packed breakfast package at only €4.00 per person for those who want to get out and about and eat on the move.
PLEASE NOTE: There is NO facility for cooking on a stove.
Why breakfast indoors when you can enjoy making your own and taking in the stunning views across the Marsascala Bay?
Outdoor tables and chairs (including those with sun cover) make for a pleasant seating in the morning, afternoon or evening.
Sun loungers to enjoy that tall cool beer or glass of Maltese wine while you soak up the sun completes the scene.
FREE Tea & Coffee and jam selection is available for all guests 24 hours a day.
The Akwador allows for Self Catering of breakfasts – you are welcome to use the Guest refrigerator and cupboard space to store your food and utilise the crockery and cutlery provided.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO HOT COOKING FACILITY EXISTS.
(Note: 24 hours notice required)
For a value price of €4.00 per person, the AKWADOR can provide a Continental travel breakfast pack for the guest on the go that consists of:
* Potato Crisps
* Cheese triangle and crackers
* Carton of fruit juice
* Mini chocolate bar
* Item of Fruit
During your stay, you can obtain a discounted breakfast voucher from Reception for a cooked English breakfast at Jacob’s Brew!
Only buy the vouchers you need! You will probably not want breakfast everyday, especially if you have an excursion tour booked or you are leaving early on your last day!
A voucher valued at €5.50 per person can be purchased at the ground floor Akwador Reception.
Breakfast is served at JACOB’S BREW café downstairs.
1) Book your holiday at the Akwador Guest House! The only hotel with a sea view in Marsascala.
2) Buses from Marsascala Bus Terminus to Valletta Bus Terminus are No’s 91, 92 & 93
3) Bus from Marsascala Bus Terminus to Marsaxlokk Bus Terminus is the No. 119
4) To go to the Blue Grotto, Temples , Ghar Lapsi, Dingli Cliffs and Mdina - take the 135 bus to the airport and change to the 201. Remember, your bus ticket is for a 2 hour journey - so no need to buy another ticket if you are within the two hour journey period, just use the same ticket!
5) Visiting Marsaxlokk to sample fish cuisine next to the colourful fishing boats is best done on any day other than Sunday. There is a reduced market of traditional lace every day of the week. Ignore tourist guidebook advice to visit Marsaxlokk on a Sunday as this is the busiest (and more expensive) time and the ‘market’ is just traders with souvenirs. During Sunday, the market takes over the restaurant space and coaches are busing in hundreds of tourists.
6) When in Valletta, try and be at the Upper Barrakka Gardens for the firing of the 12 noon Time Gun. A second firing occurs at 4pm.
7) To visit Sliema Waterfront, take the Water Taxi from Valletta rather than a bus, the bus gets stuck in traffic and takes 20 minutes – the scenic ride across the water is more fun and less stressful.
8) Similarly, if you bused to Valletta and want to visit the Three Cities (best seen from the Upper Barrakka Gardens with its views of Grand Harbour), take the elevator down from the viewing platform to the Valletta Waterfront and take a Water Taxi across to Vitriossa.
9) Restaurants in Malta serve HUGE portions. If you cannot finish a meal, ask for a takeaway box – bring it back and put in your fridge shelf. We have a microwave, and it becomes tomorrow’s lunch!
10) Water in Malta is desalinated from sea water and pumped direct. You can safely brush teeth and make tea and coffee with tap water. Bottled water is consumed for preference of taste.
11) Red restaurants on the Marsascala map posted on the website and notice board are recommended restaurants suggested by guests.
12) Take a picture of the maps and guides on the notice board with your camera phone to keep a handy map of restaurants with you.
13) Bus cards can be purchased at Midas shop in Marsascala, or at Valletta Bus Terminus or at the Airport.
As you arrive at Malta International Airport, take the stress out of your holiday by arranging a transfer. Be met at arrivals - look for a sign with AKWADOR and your surname. We ask for your Flight number and estimated arrival time, after that we monitor your flight - so if you are early or delayed, we will be waiting on time for you. Price includes collection to (or from) the airport for a maximum of 4 persons.
You will be met on arrival and shown to the vehicle. The quickest way to get to the Akwador - no queueing for the airport taxi and cheaper!
Useful for those early morning flights, ensure you make it to the airport on time. No waiting for a local taxi or hoping the bus turns up!
As well as being met at the airport, we will ensure you don't miss your return flight either. A discount applies for booking both a pickup and return. in advance.
NOTE: Larger groups requiring a mini bus (usually more than 4 persons) may be arranged on your behalf with a reputable local taxi company. Prices will be advised in advance at time of booking.